Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4/22

I am at mile 77 and hitched to Julian to refuel a bit, everything is going well, i have encountered 1 rattle snake, 5 80-90 degree days, 1 shower, a lot of sunburn, and a lot of ingenuity to get things going smoothly. the desert is beautiful but i wish i had a tan and calloused feet. However, i feel well and my joints are in good shape. It's a lot of fun being out here, hope everyone is well, i apologize this computer isnt accepting my camera. I expected more libraries but this has been the first one, expect updates every week or three, hopefully the next one will have a more updated computer/etc so i can upload pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Joe, you're on your way. Amazed you are all ready at mile 77. Stay healthy, wear a hat, don't let the bedbugs get you. Lots of granite pillows in the Sierras. Enjoy!

    Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea I was Millican Millie. Will be changing that ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, I am so proud of you and soooooo jealous! You are having an epic life altering event and I wish you all the best. Keep up the photos (so many look just like ones I have) and the blogs. Can't wait to see you and hear more of the fun stuff...wish I was you...
    Love, Aunt Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joe,

    Haven't talked to you for a while, but it looks like you have grown up a bunch and have become quite articulate. From the looks of it you are prepared for this journey. I hope for the best for you, and that you have an amazing time - I'll be following along the blog as well...

    -Robert Norman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Joe! I'm jealous, reading about your progress from my cubicle. But then my cubicle is probably a lot warmer than sleeping under your tarp. Good luck man.

    ReplyDelete