Sunday, January 18, 2009

Introduction

a blog is something i never thought i would keep but for the sake of simplicity, it must be done.

premise: thru-hike the PCT in 2009.

at this point in time i cant exactly pinpoint how the idea came to me.  like many other males in their early twenties i desired a large lifestyle change, as well as something to look forward to, and better myself by.  thus my dream was born, i can remember it has been around 1 year ago from now, it would have been possible to go in 2008 but i would not have been at all prepared, nor have had the funds to go... so in the spring and summer of 2008 i have entered the world of hiking, i expect i accrued around 600 miles on my shoes during the summer, and have discovered a new love of mountaineering.  i expect my PCT hike will have many side-trips to the tops of mountains.

so, on this sunday, january 18, 2009, a well overdue blog has been created in the name of keeping my friends and family up-to-date on my progress and well-being.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am Roxanne, your Mom and Janet's friend. It has always been a dream of mine to hike the PCT but maybe just hiking pieces of it will have to do for me.I am happy for you that you are doing this and I am enjoying seeing and hearing about your adventures. Just wanted to let you know I am visiting your site and enjoying it.
    Thanks and ENJOY

    ReplyDelete