Friday, May 15, 2009

Agua Dulce mile 454





Staying at the Saufley's at Agua Dulce, after Wrightwood we went up into the San Gabriels and to the highest point of the trail so far, 9399 ft on Mt Baden-Powell, which had a spectacular view, into the desert and into the west, where smog covers the valley, this mountain range was a great one, few burned out areas due to a strict no fire policy, and had a good amount of water. The next section follows an aqueduct in the valley, which might be a good idea to hike at night. I have gained a bit under 5 lbs in the last section and plan to make it a few more while staying in town. I feel so fortunate to be doing this hike and am happy to meet all the people that make the trail the experience that it is.

4 comments:

  1. Joe,
    You're sure racking up the miles.! Glad to hear you're getting enough to eat. And enough good company. Still ready to send cookies, and whatever else. Trek on.
    XXOO Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeewwww, more of the ugly hat! where are my hat pics? I was told I'd be getting some... :o) miss you. *hugs* *bonk*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Janet, your post says Jim said...

    Justin, please send me the link or instructions where I can mail Sheep Joe a package... I have left you 2 voice mails and no replys. Pehaps Sheep Joe left the wrong number the morning he left as he was very tired.

    Joe, trek on and send me Justins phone # again. Keep eating and smiling. You'll be rich with joy when you return.

    Your b-day is around the corner and I'd like to send you a gift pack. Twinkies or ????

    Love,

    Mom cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. JMN says

    I Like the hat

    Aunt Janet (just what is my blog name???)

    ReplyDelete